Thursday, July 5, 2012

Run, Heather, Run!

Hi Loves,

So today's post comes to you via my new goal: to become a runner! I've heard and seen first hand how inspiring running can be. Now mind you I've never been a runner at all. I always hated it when I played sports. I've just had some inspiration the last couple weeks. I want to make myself a healthy and be able to workout no matter where I am.

I downloaded the C25K free app on my iphone. And I started it today!! Woohoo go me. Now it was a struggle to get through it and I will admit that I couldn't finish the whole thing. But you know what? I tried and got started.




I've decided that I will keep repeating week 1 until I can get through it completely. I can do this and I will this time!

Today while I was starting day 1, I noticed that its really going to be a struggle on my knee. Story behind that is when I was working on the beach at night two years ago, I fell into a hole (people like to dig them on the beach and not fill them back in) and I went one way but my knee went the other. I'm sure I pulled something because the sound it made was awful. But I didn't have time to go to the doctor so I just kept pushing through. I've never had it looked at and still have problems with it to this day. Well as I was running it defanitely was hurting. Do you guys have any tips on strengthening knees for running?

I asked on twitter if y'all had any running tips and Miss Brittany suggested that I get good shoes and start slow. Thanks for the tips girl (Go check out her fab blog). I think I'm going to find a local running store and go in and see what they have to say. Maybe that will help out the knee as well.

I have many goals for starting running:
     1. Start and Keep going
     2. Lose weight
     3. Be able to run 5k without stopping
     4. Continue running and gaining length.
     5. Sign up to run/walk the Disney Princess Half Marathon on February 22, 2013




Now I know that last one is going to be a stretch. But I think if I put my heart and mind to it that I can do it. It's something that I've wanted to do for years. Well with the possibility of being only 4 hours away from Disney World around that time, I decided this was the year to start training towards that. My birthday is February 4th and what greater birthday present to myself than to become healthy and run a Disney marathon? I think it's a great goal!!

Honestly, if any of you have tips I will take them! Encouragment is also defanitely welcome. I know I am going to struggle at times but this is something I really want! I know I can do this and I will!

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment