Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just an update

Hi Loves,
     Well life has been pretty busy since starting work. This past week I worked a full week for an IA that has resigned and they asked me to stay all next week too. I was excited that they liked me enough to stay. It's been some trying days with the kids but I am LOVING it. I think I've finally found what I am supposed to be doing. After such a long time soul searching, I'm glad something is finally presenting itself to me. It's going to be another busy week but I'm excited. I've grown quite attached to the kids I've been working with and they are growing to listen to me which is fantastic.
      Since I've really been enjoying this teaching path, I've decided to look into Environmental Education Masters Programs. I've found one in Florida where I don't have to take the GRE. Can you say SCORE!!! Ha. I am really bad at taking tests, always have been my whole life. Well last time I took the GRE it was awful so I'm thankful for a program that doesn't require it. I am just waiting on my information from this program to see if it's going to be the right fit or not. It would defanitely get me back to the East Coast and the South-ish, so that would be fantastic.
      And an update on the weight game. I am happy to say that I am down 2 lbs. I realize that's not a huge number but I'm totally happy with it for what I did this last week. It was a trying week so here's to hoping this next week goes better. As long as the scale is going down I am a happy girl :)
      If you are debating on going to see The Lorax, I highly recommend it. It was so cute. We only saw it in regular because 3D gives me headaches. If you can go to 3D I would recommend it. There were parts where you could defanitely tell it was meant for 3D.
      Today was a gorgeous day outside, which is rare for this time of the year. I wanted to get outside and enjoy it but I still am fighting a cold so I stayed in bed most the day and just looked out the window. Tomorrow it's supposed to go back to raining and then possible snow Tuesday again. On the note of weather, I want to send out thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the recent tornados. I've had family and friends who were hit by tornados in the past so I've heard first hand accounts of how scary they can be. I just hope and pray that families can move on past this devastation and that the storms stay away.   
     Until next time,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment