Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let's Get Physical

Hi Loves,
Surely you know were my blog title came from right?.?.???? Well just in case you forgot it came from Miss Olivia Newton John circa the 80s. Ha. I just love the 80s. Granted I was born in the 80s so I'm tied to it forever. Well I'm sure you are wondering where this post is going, so here goes nothing.

I've decided Monday's are going to start being my Fit update days. Tomorrow or Today (depending on when you read this) I'm going to start my Heather must get hot program! Yes I said Heather must get HOT program, you didn't read that wrong. You see I am going to my friends wedding in August in Hawaii that is going to be sort of a college reunion amongst friends and well an ex boyfriend :(. Yup thats right. I'm not really gonna go into the back story on that whole situation but I just want to look HOT when I go to said wedding and he will be there. So my new motivation to work out is so that I look fabulous in August. That leaves me a little over 5 and half months until the wedding. I can totally do this.

a little pinterest inspiration :) 

I've always been overweight my whole life. Always been the "fat" friend in the group. I've never really cared all that much. Okay well maybe I did but I never did anything about it. In my last term of college, I gained ALOT of weight due to the stress of finishing out two majors and trying to hang out with friends and all that jazz. Needless to say I didn't work out and I didn't eat healthy at all and I drank a lot. Ha. Well the pounds packed on. Then when I moved home the pounds packed on even more because I couldn't find a job and all I did was sit at home all day. Well in February 2010 I got the fantastic job of working with Sea Turtles in Georgia. When I moved to Georgia I was the heaviest I'd ever been in my whole life and I felt terrible. While working in Georgia I lost 35 pounds!!! Who would've ever thought with all the delicious southern & fried food that I could lose that much? I sure didn't but it defanitely happened. Most of it had to do with how active my job kept me. At the end of that summer I felt so good and told myself I was determined to keep it up. At the end of that summer job I had the option to stay longer but passed it up due to the fact that my Dad was diagnosed with skin cancer and I decided I needed to be at home with my family. So I packed up and moved back across the country home again. And ended up in the same pattern again where I couldn't find a job and I packed on pounds again. Then I got another summer job where I lost weight again, but not as much this time. Then that summer job slowed down and I was no longer working again and was sitting at home again. This brings us more to current time. I've defanitely packed on the pounds again. I'm not up to where I was when I first went to Georgia but I'm within ten pounds and NOT HAPPY. I am working again and so I am determined to get these pounds off.

I've determined that my biggest downfall in gaining weight is when I have nothing to do. So now that I'm working again I'm making it a priority to get up at 5am and get a workout in before the day gets away from me. I really want to get HOT and healthy. At a recent doctors appointment I was told I have border line high blood pressure, which is not good because heart problems run in my family. I need to get it under control and the two ways I know how to do so are to cut back on Diet Cokes (trying but it's so hard) and to get the pounds off. So since I've decided I have to be HOT in August I'm hoping this helps with the blood pressure too. Is it sad that I'm more concerned about being HOT in front of the ex rather than getting the weight off for me health? Ha. I don't know but either way, I'm very determined this time. I know that it's going to be a massive struggle for me as it always is. However this time I am really doing it because I want to. Not because somebody else wants me to. I'm not saying I want fall off the trail at times, that would be unrealistic. This time I'm going into it saying get right back on track if I fall off. Don't let yourself keep going for days.

So raise your glass of water to a cheer to be HOT and healthy by August!!!

I'm hoping to update each Monday on how the progress is going. If you'd like to join in just let me know. I'd love the moral support. Maybe we can teach each other new workouts that aren't so boring like running on the treadmill. Any healthy food recipes or tips would be greatly appreciated if you'd like to share too. So here's to getting HOT and healthy.

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment