Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Facial Swelling

Hi Loves,

*This post might be a little TMI but I wanted to mention it so it warns y'all for the future

So I swear as I've gotten older my acne has gotten worse. Now I've never been the best at taking care of my face but I never really had to. Well now it's defanitely catching up to me, unfortunately.

I've always been a picker. Yeah, you know what I mean. Mom always said to keep my hands off my face and I never listened. I always picked at my zits if I had them, thinking they would go away faster. Well when I was younger they defanitely did. Now as I'm in my later 20's my skin is defanitely changing.

I am very allergic to dogs and cats. Last weekend I stayed at my aunt's house with a cousin who was getting up and heading to Italy very early the next morning. Well they have a dog and my face broke out with a couple of hives. I left them alone but then yesterday I noticed a zit formed under one of the hives. Well I picked at it to get the core out. It took a while but I got it out. After that, let me tell you it hurt like nobodies business. Well a little while later I went in the bathroom and to my surprise I had a chipmunk cheek. My cheek was so swollen I couldn't believe it.
See Chipmunk Cheek = not normal

So all day yesterday I was putting and ice pack on it trying to get the swelling to go down. I went to bed last night hoping that this morning my life would be much better and my face would not look like a chipmunk. Well I woke up and my face was still puffy. I showered this morning thinking that maybe that would loosen it up a little bit. Well as I was in the shower I was pushing around the area and a whole bunch of brownish pus came out of it. YUCKO. So sure enough it's infected. This is what it looks like today...
I'm defanitely not going out in public looking like this.

Needless to say, it's pretty painful. I've never had anything like this happen before. I've been putting ice on it, heat on it, and nothing seems to work. So I googled and found a couple at home things to try. Currently I'm wearing a baking soda, sea salt, & water mask on it. It's tingling so hopefully it works.

So my lesson from this whole situation is that I defanitely am leaving my acne alone from now on. I don't want this to happen to me again. I'm pretty sure it's going to leave a nasty scar so I'm on the hunt for acne scarring remedies via Youtube and Pinterest. If you ladies know of anything that might help please do tell. Also what skincare products do y'all use? I'm in the market for new stuff to help my face out.

Take away lesson ladies, keep your hands off your face, FOR REAL!!

Loves,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment