Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kickball

Hi Loves,

Sorry my blogging has been so off lately. It was the first week back to work after two weeks and two days of spring break. Needless to say it was a long week. The kids were all wound up in the beginning but overall it was a good transition week back into class for all of us.

On Friday it was actually nice weather for once so we told the kids if they had calm bodies and good behavior through out the day that we would go outside and play Kickball.
Source: google.com via Nancy on Pinterest

I tell you they did so good that we got to go out and play. The kids had a blast. At one point I was playing the 3rd baseman as well as the line coach at 3rd base because we lost some of the kids to speech at one point during the game. Not only did the kids have fun all of us teachers had fun as well. It reminded me of my softball days and it was so fun. Afterwards we took a victory lap around the field to get out even some more energy for the rest of the day.

Every year our classroom and another classroom have a kickball tournament and then pizza party afterwards. We went into their classroom after playing and had a little fun competition talk. All the kids enjoyed it and are really excited for the tournament.

It brings me so much joy to see the kids get excited and having fun. I was also very pleased that they knew the reward for doing well during the day. Sometimes working with special needs kids can be trying but I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything right now.
Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment