Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Official!

Hi Friends,

Guess what? It's Official! 
Source: google.com via Heather on Pinterest

I am signed up for the Disney Princess Half Marathon on February 24, 2013!!!! I am registered and doing it! I can't even believe it. I mean I decided I wanted to do this but now that I am registered, I am REALLY doing it. 

It's going to take so much from me as I am not a runner. Well I don't consider myself a runner. But I saw this quote this morning on Runners World Magazine Facebook Page...

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." ~John Bingham

I loved this because it spoke to me. I am a runner because I try to be a runner. I may go slow. I may think people are staring at me thinking "what the heck is she doing". I may not be the fastest. But I am a runner! I can do this! It's all a mental game. 

My grandfather is 80 almost 81 and he still runs. If he can do it, so can I. I just have to put my mind to it and I definitely have. 

Source: bing.com via Heather on Pinterest

13.1 miles seems like a long distance. But I know I can do it. When I worked on the beach two summers ago I walked that and more just for work. I can do this. I think I will probably be doing the run/walk method that Jeff Galloway talks about. I think because of past knee injuries and just beginning this will be the best method for me. That is how I am training. 

I've been reading blogs on the race and it sounds amazing. Sounds like their are characters all along the way. My favorite part that I've read is people just having so much adrenaline from being at Disney World that it pushes them through the race. I am counting on that. I love me some Disney and am always on a high when I am there. 

I have a friend doing this with me and I am sure that will help as well. She's a great encouragement for me. Are any of you doing this race? What are your favorite parts about a race? Training tips? Anything? I am just super excited for this adventure. It's going to be a great 28th Birthday present to myself. 

And I can't wait to see these two....

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment