Friday, June 22, 2012

Recent Beauty Purchases

Hi Loves,

So as I've gotten older and had way more time on my hands, lol, I've gotten really into makeup. I was never one to care that much about my appearance growing up. Part of that stemmed from being bullied about my looks but that's a whole other can of worms. Anyways, as I've gotten older I've come to Love Love LOVE makeup and face products. I got a Sephora box a couple weeks ago with some different things in it and wanted to let you know my thoughts on the things that I've tried thus far.


1. Bare Escentuals Try. Believe. Love. Kit. I know many people love Bare Minerals products including my aunt who swears by the stuff. I'd only ever tried it one time before for a friends wedding and I hated it. I just felt like it was caked on and I didn't like the feeling of it. I have seen many youtube videos that have claimed that Summer Bisque covers under eye dark circles perfectly. So when I saw this kit for only $20, I thought I'd try it again. I do have to say that I'm still not convinced on the whole mineral foundation aspect, I'm just not sure of the feeling on my face. However I am in LOVE with the Summer Bisque. It does cover my eye circles wonderfully which is a huge task because they are awful. The only thing I don't really like is that I've started getting fine lines under my eyes and the powder falls into those lines and it looks horrible. I just need to apply more primer in that area I guess. I will defanitely be buying the full size Summer Bisque.

2. Full Glam Ahead. This kit includes high beam, stay don't stray, and Badgal Lash mascara. They are all very small sizes (perfect for travel). I've only ever tried the ELF form of high beam and I have to say that I defanitely like the original High Beam much better. It just gives you that perfect highlighted glow. I highly recommend this product. I've only been using Stay Don't Stray for a couple days so far and it's doing great. I don't have to wear makeup that long these days as I'm on summer break from work but it lasts for a long time. I'm hoping to use this for the wedding I am in, in a month. I have not tried the BadGal Lash Mascara yet, as I've already got so many mascaras open and I want to wait. But I will let you know once I open it. This kit is a great little travel size/trial kit.

3. Sephora Collection Marbling and Dotting Nail Tool. This is no longer available on the website as I found it under the sale section. But ladies if you can find one in stores or elsewhere do it. This little tool is perfect for creating fun designs on your nails. I know we are all obsessed with doing our nails and this is a perfect little tool to have in your arsenal.

4. Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio. I've always heard great things about Tarte Cosmetics but had never tried any of their products. I saw this trio for only $9 so I figured why not try it. I am SOOOOO glad that I did. These primers are amazing. My favorite in the trio is the Flawless 12-Hr Brightening Primer. This primer defanitely gives you that brighter look once all your makeup is done. And it smells of delicious oranges. I love love love this primer. I'm going out soon to buy the full size of this primer. I also love that Tarte Cosmetics are eco-friendly. This is perfect to me as I'm a marine science major and ocean lover :)

5, 6, & 11. These are all samples I recieved as you always do when purchasing from Sephora.com. I have not tried them yet.

7. Sephora Collection Powder Jar with Sifter. No longer for sale on the website. I bought this from the sale section of the webpage as I was looking for a different container for my ELF High Definition Powder (the packaging is horrible on this). When I read the description of this powder jar, I was expecting a sifter that you turned to allow product to come out or stay in. It defanitely is just an open top so the powder still kind of goes everywhere. It's better than the original packaging but still not what I was looking for.

8. Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. I love love love this perfume. Now I'm not a Taylor Swift Fan but when I first smelled her perfume, I bought it. Its just the perfect smell. I ended up getting this Rollerball Perfume free during a Sephora event. But I would buy it in a heartbeat as it lives in my purse :)

9. Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm in Tiger Lily. Now I realize this is not from Sephora but I got it the same day. I love Burt's Bee's chapsticks and I'd never tried the tinted balms before. They were on sale the day I went to Target so I picked this baby up and love it.

10. Sephora Collection Highlighting Compact Powder in Dore. I got this product on a whim and I must say its great. It's a golden color which looks great with a tan. It's a perfect summer highlighter. It just put it on my upper cheek bones and it gives that extra glow.

I just love Sephora. If I had all the money in the world I would be there every day trying new products. I love the way high end makeup feels on my face. What products are your favorite?

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment