Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When a Friend Visits

Hi Loves,

So this past Thursday I got a wonderful treat. One of my favorite people I met while in Georgia was in Oregon for a two week field course with her grad school program. That friend was.....
Melissa! Also known as MQD!!!


I just love this girl. She's always so bubbly and full of fun! I met her and her class down in Newport at the Hatfield Marine Science Center and the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It was so great spending the day with her reminiscing about the Georgia North End times and hearing all about life. Here are a couple photos from the day...
View of the Ocean from the roadside

They must've known the turtle girls were coming

Marine Debris is no bueno! However I do enjoy studying it

Oh you know, just got eaten by a Great White

Otter cuteness!

Birds and I don't get along but these Puffins are so darn cute

 
I just love turtles, even if they are carved out of wood.
Side note: The turtle biologists in us thought this turtle must've been hit by a boat :( Notice the boat strike notches in the carapace (shell)

Just crabbin' around the gift shop


This day was one of the best I've had in a really long time. The day before I was not in the best of moods because I was depressed about not using my marine science degree. This day gave me a whole new excitement to push myself to get back to the marine science field. The next morning I applied for a job to get me back there, so fingers crossed I will get back into the field.
Thank you Melissa for being in grad school and taking a field course in Oregon so that I could see you. It was such a fabulous day and I wish we could've had more than a day. Until next time my friend....

Love,
Heather


Oh BTW....What do you call a fish without an eye? (Leave your answer in the comments and I'll let you know if you're right)




No comments:

Post a Comment