Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Hi Friends,

Long, Long, Long time no post. I'm sorry. Let's do a little recap so you know the reason. 

In August I made the move to South Florida to begin Grad School. That's right folks, I went back to school. I'm getting my Masters of Education in Environmental Education. Try saying that three times fast. I wasn't sure how I would feel about going back to school but I was lead to the decision and it was definitely the right one. Full time grad school student is no joke. I was always busy with papers and assignments. It was kind of a blessing in disguise that I didn't find a job. It wasn't for lack of trying. It's hard in my field. Luckily I started volunteering at a great facility and I think it's going to turn into a job in January. Between volunteering twice a week, classes, and assignments, I didn't have much time on my hands other than for running (that will be another post). But all my hard work paid off and I got a 4.0 in my first term of Grad School!!! If you follow me on Instagram you probably already know this. 

I am beyond thrilled with a 4.0! I've never had a 4.0 in my life. I guess it makes a difference when you really love what you are going to school for and you chose the classes. I'm hoping to keep the momentum going in my next year and a half. 

The last couple months were definitely an adjustment period for me moving to a whole new area and starting school again. So sorry I was MIA. 

As we near the end of the year, it's the time again for resolutions. I usually always make the same ones and don't go very far with them. Ha. Well this year I'm going to document them here on the ole blog and see how far I will come through the 2014 year. Without further ado...

I'm only choosing 5 resolutions this year. If I choose to do more, than so be it but these are what I'm going to work on. 

1. I'm going to continue running. I just recently had a health physical and all my levels were pretty good. I think a large part of that is due to my running. If it weren't for RunDisney I wouldn't be running, so I owe them a lot. I'm already signed up for 2 races, now time to find 12 more :) 

2. I want to maintain my focus and hard work so that I can have good grades all throughout grad school. 

3. I really need a job, at least part time. It's hard living in South Florida and not having money. Luckily my parents have been able to help support me. But let's get real, I'm almost 29. Time to get serious and stop floating around so much. 

4. Since I'm now a Florida resident for school, I bought myself an annual Disney pass! This has always been a dream of mine. I want to go a lot more and explore all parts of Disney! 

5. Take time to enjoy life. I'm realizing there is so much in life that I am missing out on and I would like to say yes to more things. I want to get out an enjoy. Who knows maybe I'll meet my Prince while out exploring! 

So those are my 2014 resolutions. Will I keep them? I sure hope so. What are your resolutions? Are you making them this year? Let's here what 2014 brings for you! 

I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season!! 

Love,
Heather 


No comments:

Post a Comment